Ecohabitation is a non-profit organization that facilitates the emergence of healthy, resource-efficient and energy-efficient homes that are sustainable, affordable and accessible to all. It realizes its mission through promotional activities, awareness activities, training and coaching to the general public, the housing stakeholders and politicians.
By intervening in the ecological housing sector, Ecohabitation facilitates the emergence of a more equitable and economically viable society that tends to conserve and regenerate ecosystems. More specifically, Écohabitation aims at deployment of:
- Healthy, resource-efficient and energy-efficient housing, emphasizing on quality and sustainability, affordable and accessible to all.
- Healthy communities, oriented towards human exchanges and lifestyles at the local level, based on active and collective modes of transport, self-sufficient in terms of food and energy, and respectful of biodiversity.
- A common know-how in ecological housing through exchanges, mutual aid and modes of learning based on innovation, practice and experience.
- Policies and regulations to better take into account the global issues related to green housing.
- Restoration and regeneration of the environment, the human health and the quality of life
- Sharing knowledge, educate
- Transparency, objectivity, rigor
- Adoption of a long-term vision
- Defending the collective interest at the political level
- Mutual aid and solidarity, accessibility of information and housing
- Individual and collective empowerment
- Social justice (equity, equality); working conditions, affordability, non-discrimination, gender equality
- Community and collective values
Reducing the negative impact of human activities on public health, social and environmental equilibrium in Quebec.